Friday, November 4, 2011

Friday Morning Vignettes

Day before yesterday, I'm sitting quietly in the morning, praying.  And the thing that comes forward is to notice how unrealistically high my expectations had been of people the previous day.  And the invitation seemed pretty clear -- let it go.  You're not perfect, neither are they.

I was very pleased with myself to have realized this without any serious incident or confrontation to cause it.  Went into yesterday quite happy.

Then this morning I went back to prayer.  And the very first thing I realized is, yesterday, as I basked in my oh so proud of myself glow, I did the same thing damn thing again.  And didn't even notice it.

Isn't that just the way of things?

***

Tonight in one of my classes we had executives from some of the major television production studios in to hear 15 of us pitch ideas for hour long pilots.  We've been working on our ideas for six or seven weeks now, and today was the first time we did them for professionals. 10 minutes, give me the nugget of your idea and your main characters.  Everyone performed really well; it's a really stellar group, and I can only hope that someday you and I will have the chance to see some of these shows on the air.

But as I was driving home tonight what really struck me was, how incredible it is to be in a setting where I have the opportunity to pitch an idea to executives, accomplished people who have put together many many shows on networks and cable, and to get their honest feedback and suggestions.

Some days I just want to pinch myself.

***

A little video I found on Youtube this week -- it was made using 288,000 jelly beans.  And it's a pretty song, too.






No comments: