Sunday, January 8, 2012

Ok, One More Gift: Have You Ever Wanted to See the Sistine Chapel?

My uncle Stan sent me the most amazing link.  It's the Sistine Chapel, completely empty (which never happens in real life -- it's always chock full of people and guards yelling "no photo!", while everyone ignores them), and you can both zoom (using "a" and "z") and click and drag the view around so that you can literally see every inch of the place. (The arrow keys do the same thing.)  Really really astonishing.  The Vatican put it up, and you just have to see it.

Click Here!


3 comments:

Michelle said...

I wanted to see it since I was 6 and saw the Pieta on tour at the World's Fair in NY. I finally saw the Sistine Chapel on a brutally hot afternoon in August, with a hungry, cranky baby and pre-schooler in tow. My youngest fussed so badly that the guard came over and instead of hustling us out, asked if he was hungry and offered me a seat so I could feed the baby. So I sat below those amazing frescos and nursed my youngest....

Jim McDermott, S.J. said...

Wow, that's an amazing story. I love that!

Jim McDermott, S.J. said...

The Italians are such a great people.